1. Green Garlic- Garlic has long green leaves .It helps fight cold, coughs and virals . Add it to your veggies or parathas.
2. Tulsi : It helps protect your child from all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.It also helps cure all respiratory disorders like asthma ,bronchitis.
3. Carrots: Carrot is rich in beta-carotene,Vitamin C that enables healthy growth in children and builds their immunity and good eyesight .
4. Orange & Yellow Haldi (Amba Haldi): This one is medicinal. It is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory,anti-allergic, antioxidant, antiseptic and digestive.You can add salt ,lime juice and have it as a side dish with meals.
5. Dates:It helps in weight gain,boosts energy and relieves constipation.
6. Bajra: It is a good source of fiber and rich in vitamins & minerals
7. Awla: It is the richest source of Vitamin C required for immunity and healing of body.It also nourishes hair and skin.Give your children in form of awla candy or chyawanprash.
8. Green leafy veggies: They are rich sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber, vitamin K, magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium.Add them to parathas,dal,veggies and soups.
9. Sweet Potato:
It is supercharged with Vitamin A -- which makes your eyes strong
Vitamin C -- to help your immune system fight to keep you healthy
Potassium -- to help your heart and muscles work better
Fiber -- important for your stomach and intestines.Have as sabzi or add to tikis,parathas,soups.
10. Black Til(Black Sesame seeds):It is a very good source of energy,antioxidants and calcium. It is also a good source of iron. Make chikkis or add to your parathas , sandwich spreads,salads.