1) Eat breakfast. Breakfast improves concentration and fuels your brain and body for the tasking day .If you deprive your body of breakfast you may find yourself tired, dizzy and irritable .It may take you longer to carry out tasks and your sweet cravings increase.
2)Maintain correct posture. Have your feet flat on the floor. Have your hips slightly higher than your knees. Sit as far back in the chair as possible. Keep your elbows close to your body and your shoulders relaxed down. The top line of your computer monitor should be at eye level so you are looking slightly down at your screen,keep your wrists in line with your forearm.
3) Take your breaks. Breaks = peace of mind. And peace of mind = energy and focus. Energy and focus =productivity. When you sit in the same position for a long time ,your blood flow to an active muscle is impaired, the oxygen supply is diminished, which over time can impair muscle function.
4) Your lunch –Your lunch should contain both Protein and Carbohydrate like a traditional thali.Half the plate should be covered with vegetables (bhaji + sald), quarter plate should be protein (pulses or non veg ),quarter plate with starch (rice or rotis) and a dairy product completes a meal.
5) Eat lunch away from your desk. When you eat your lunch while responding to your emails, you may
as well be eating your emails. While eating, it is best to focus on eating. In the end, you will better digest
your food. You will also remember eating your meal and will feel more satisfied from it.
6) Don’t heat your lunch in a plastic container in the microwave. The plastics will get into your food and
increase your risk of developing cancer. If you really need to heat your food,
ask your company to buy a hotplate.
7)Cut your caffeine intake: Avoid having more than 2 cups of coffee /tea per day. Excess causes a rise in blood pressure , heart ,causes insomnia, leads to miscarriage,cancer,Alzheimer’s disease.
8) Exercise.Walk when you talk,climb stairs, do some stretching .
9) Drink green tea.It lowers cholesterol,increases metabolism,reduces B.P.,delays Alzheimer’s disease,relaxes mind ,has anti bacterial properties.
10) Snack it up. Stack up your office drawer with snacks like roasted chana,nuts,khakhra,fruits,soya nuts ,Marie biscuits.It will energize you. When you’re energy is sustained, you’ll be able to focus and be more