Blood pressure is a measurement of the force against the walls of your arteries as your heart pumps blood through your body.
Normal blood pressure is when your blood pressure is lower than 120/80 mmHg most of the time.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
High blood pressure increases your chance of having a stroke, heart attack, heart failure, kidney disease, and early death.
You have a higher risk of high blood pressure if you:
· Are obese
· Are often stressed or anxious
· Drink too much alcohol
· Eat too much salt in your diet
· Have a family history of high blood pressure
· Have diabetes
There are two treatments for Hypertensio 1)Lifestly changes and 2 ) Medications
You can do many things to help control your blood pressure, including:
· Eat a low fat low saturated fat diet ,have plenty of fruits and vegetables(5- 7 servings),low fat milk and milk products rich in Calcium and whole grains.
· Eat nuts,seeds and pulses daily.
· Limit the intake of salt in the diet.No use of table salt.Avoid adding salt in salad, Buttermilk
- Look for the words "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated" on food labels. Do NOT eat foods with these ingredients. They are loaded with saturated fats and trans fats.
- Have raw onion (atleast half ) and 2 cloves of raw garlic daily
- Have Omega 3 rich fish atleast thrice a week.
· Limit intake of processed food , pickle , papad,sauces,MSG high in salt content.
· Restrict intake of tea and coffee to maximum 2 cups and cut down cold drinks
· If you smoke, quit .
· Limit how much alcohol you drink -- one drink a day for women, two a day for men.
· Exercise regularly -- at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.
· Reduce stress .You can also try meditation or yoga.
· Stay at a healthy body weight -- find a weight-loss program to help you, if you need it.